Monday, March 15, 2010

Reading Response 5 (Extra Credit) Creating Democratic Schools

I was hoping to read about how teachers establish a democratic classroom where power is equal between students, and between the teacher and the student. The article itself was about experimenting with changes in teaching, and how it is successful in small schools rather than large schools. Teachers are able to contribute to decision making rather than feeling like “guinea pigs” to the decision makers on how to approach curriculum.
I need to learn to get more involved with the intricacies with decision making in the school I am working at, yet at the same time, balance my own viewpoints while being in the position of a student teacher/first year teacher. Outside of the article, I believe students need to be involved in the decision making process.

No comments:

Post a Comment