Monday, March 15, 2010

Reading Reflection 5 Getting to the Heart of Quality Teaching

I chose this article because I wanted to learn what the author considered to be quality teaching, and what defines a quality teacher. However, this article defined the problems in how we assess teachers to be quality, such as NCLB and AYP. However, it also states there are factors which make teaching more effective, such as smaller class sizes, adequate school funding, mentoring programs for teachers, and time for in depth assessment of student work and progress.
Unfortunately, most of this information has been known from either the university program, the discussions regularly conversed about in relation to public education with classmates, through the news, and through the many articles deemed as required reading throughout the program. However, I will spend more time to evaluate my student assessments and progress than I have before. I do not believe I have spent enough time on understanding my students abilities and comprehension.

1 comment:

  1. I too read this article and was looking for more of a definition of a quality teacher. I found this information just refreshing my memory on things we have already talked or heard about.

    ReplyDelete