Sunday, February 14, 2010

Week 2 Question (Oops)

Forgot I had to post stuff on this website thing. Just been overwhelmed with anything you could possibly imagine.

Best high school book has to be: "The Ugly American"

I agree that "Catcher in the Rye" was a great book also, but I went to boarding school and did that whole east coast thing. "The Ugly American" on the other hand was a great short book. Each chapter was a short story which was interesting, entertaining and historical. You know how history teachers always try to introduce that 1 text which shows the opposing point of view of the loser of a war and how they would wrote their view/version of history. Well this book is full of those stories from the minority point of view which was historical. A short quick read which is well worth it. I wonder where my copy went now that I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment